Saturday, December 10, 2016

Art Show


Last September I took part in the "Paint the Town"
event that was held by Kingston School of Art
{the event was organized by Rebecca & Barbara}

It was a really lovely day and weather was perfect
for walking around the Portsmouth Village area.
Lots of beautiful and interesting old historical buildings.

I did a lot of sketching and one small water colour painting
{seen below}
The painting above I did from my sketches later at home.
Two of my pieces from that event I entered to
the "Paint the Town" exhibition.

 "The Little House"
{water colours and ink}
Sorry lousy shot of it...


During December 4 to 18 the work that was done
during this event is hanging on display at the
Its a really lovely little and bright gallery
and the "Paint the Town" exhibition looks fantastic.

The vernissage was held on the 4 of December
Rebecca and Barbara did a great job organizing the
reception and there was a good turnout of viewers
and fellow artists.


When I arrived to the vernissage
I found out that the "Little House" painting had sold.
And later I won a award for the "The Church" painting.
{did a little happy dance afterwards}




No comments:

Post a Comment