Thursday, May 24, 2012

Orleans Arts Studio Tours 2012


You should see my studio space right now...  Or maybe its better you don't see it in its full glory messy world wind state that it is in.  I'm trying to get ready for the annual Orleans Art Studio Tour, that will be held June 9 to 10 here in the east end of Ottawa. Its my first year to take part, so I'm trying to get my head around it what has to get all done for the big date and there has been a lot to do but almost no time to get it all done.  I'm still painting, or trying to paint...  But my life has been a bit busy this past few months and then I lost my painters touch there in between things.


This one of the bigger paintings I'm working on right now (well, among two other other once on the larger scale).  This one I started after Mr B said that all the paintings have blue sky in them, of course that's nice...  But what about a stormy sky?  Hmmm, he's right and we both like it when there is dark grey clouds hanging above (except if I know its a thunder cloud and its coming my way, then I'm not a huge fan and especially if we're middle of nowhere in a canoe)...  But never less, grey skies can look really majestic too look at.   So why not give it a try and see how it goes.


Here is one of the smaller once I have made so far, this one is only 6" x 12". grey or blue sky, I don't know what it is, but I love little fishing huts and these little changing huts by the water.  Water and sky and in between sand and rocks, that's where I really feel relaxed and I feel like "me" and if its salty waters, well double joy and who doesn't love sea air?  

And here is the invitation to the Vernissage for the Orleans Art Studio Tour, if you are around this end of the woods (yes woods, no sea air around here, lol)...  I hope you'll pop by!

3 comments:

  1. Enjoy your little huts and sky pictures. Good luck on getting done in time and hope you enjoy yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you have gotten back in the groove of painting. Good luck with the show!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with all you have to do - a happy bit of work it seems to me. Love your pictures! The huts are so cheerful - I want to be there. I like the stormy one too - so stylized, interesting and there is an air of expectancy about it. If you have "lost you painter's touch" you wouldn't know it from these pictures.

    ReplyDelete