Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Art show

The art show is over, it took a really long time to get ready for it {at times it felt like never ending}, and then came the show, it just flew by and then it was over. This was the second time this show was held "Orleans Festival", so its still new to most people. Yet this year there were lot more people attending than previous year, and I'm sure it will get better with each year it will be held. I'm glad I took part of the festival this year and I a got lot of great feed back, contacts and connections and met a lot of other great artists. And I want to thank each and every one of you who came by my booth, thank you so much!!


I'm glad its over and done with, now I can concentrate on my water colour and ink paintings and few other abstract paintings. And I can now finally get my studio in to a better shape, starting today after work I'm going to go down there and start cleaning and clearing out stuff I don't need or ever use. Here is a few pictures of my art I had at the show and my little booth area.






One of my new painted chairs "Rose"




And my little booth area and how I set it up this time.



And before I sign off, I just wanted to make a note, that the parcels for the Blog Give-away has been mailed and hopefully they will arrive soon {we are having postal strikes going on here in Canada right now, its a long story... But, the good news is that the strike is done in stages and it was not on when I mailed the parcels, fingers crossed}


Happy painting everyone!!!


Mari







10 comments:

  1. I'm so glad this went well for you.

    Love the gent in his bathing suit, and the chair is just fab!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Sarah, good to see on line : ) How is your break going? All well I hope.

    Cheers,

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your whimsey. Will check back for more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your booth was liitle but it looked really good, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the bold lines and soft colors in your paintings. The old fashioned bathing suit and the clothes line painting are so unique and just fun! Congratulations on your show!!!

    And, as you already know, I got my prize and so much more!!! The postmen came through! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the art style! =) very defined and relaxed

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hej!

    Tusen tusen tack för ditt fina brev och den härliga tavlan! Jag ska skicka en bild när jag fått den inramad, men jag ville bara säga att jag verkligen blev jätteglad! Och mina döttrar blev hemskt avundsjuka :D de hade aldrig sett ett sånt fint brev och de älskade tavlan! Jag har inte hunnit dricka teet ännu, men det ska bli jättekul att prova!

    Kram Anna

    ReplyDelete
  8. THanks for your effort to write comments on my blog. Don't worry about it if they don't go through, I just really appreciate the thought =)
    Oh yeah, I forgot to mention this, but I love the set up of the booth as well! I could sit there ALL DAY smiling!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Härligt! Glad midsommar vill jag önska, och tacka för din hälsning hos mig!
    kamomilla

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great booth! You didn't say if you got sales or not? I'm always curious as to whether or not the participants earned their booth fees back.

    Love the bathing suit painting... adorable.

    ReplyDelete